Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday Jan 15

We were planning on painting the Rotary sign today so I put on my work clothes and off we started to town. The winds have really picked up and the dust is blowing so the painting plan is on hold. The construction works are starting on the parging today - they just stay on site since they are from Kampala and don't want to go back and forth to town. Their cement work is excellent, the floor looks like has been polished and they only used a shovel and wood trowel.

We were sitting having our morning pineapple discussing the compost pile which the girls are now using when a neighbour's kid came in with a sack. We watched as he removed the pineapple husk from the compost and carried it way. We were all dumbfound and didn't know what to say - even Sue! We hope that the word about the compost has gotten out and he was trying to get some "good dirt".  Sue has been assigned to try and figure out what he was up to.

Shalen has started a dictionary ( I should have done this 2 weeks ago) so I can now catch my spelling mistakes or at least see the word which will make it easier to pronounce

Sue, Jackson, Madeline, Shalen and Chris decided to go to church  I was in my grubs so figured I would pass on this one - there is always next week. The Internet location is just down the block from the church and the whole place is rockin from the music so it is just like being there. The Internet is much faster today with fewr people here. (a bonus)

No comments:

Post a Comment