Thursday 2 February 2012

Fish eyes

Sue had to go to Kampala today to be available to deal with container issues, I sat next to the phone ready to send documents. I had to prepare a packing slip with a letterhead on it and send it to her. Chris decided to go Kampala and do fabric shopping with Sarah (Sue's sister). Saturday is Chris' last day so she is in the finish off all the tasks mode.

I decided to go to the house and clean up the storage area. This is a 6 x 10 cupboard that is used to store everything from coal to food to old paint. I started taking out the big stuff finding a bike, 4 hoes, 6 gallons of paint, knives and machetes, corn and a floor of small coal pieces along with lots of wood and other stuff. Filling up the wheelbarrow we have (in comparison mine at the cottage has another 10 years in it!) I started. First I had to get the big stuff out then sorted through the coal to make sure any big pieces were saved. Locating 8 plastic coke bottle containers I was able to use them for the shelving support (the old college days) and the end result looks pretty good.

Annette brought me lunch and after walking through the market smelling the small minnows that had been dried I finally tasted them - WHOLE- yup they just warm them up and place them on top of the rice you eat them while they are looking at you.... A different experience and they didn't taste too bad if you kept your eyes closed since they didn't

I headed back to the guest house to hose off the coal dust and dirt and off to the bank. For 3 weeks I have been wondering why there is a tent and benches out front of the bank now I know the first of the month there are 30 + people lined up for the ATM.

It is 5 pm so I will try again hopefully they all got bored and left

1 comment: